MMA – Blended Coloured Flake
Work to be undertaken:
- All Vinyl flooring was removed using mechanical equipment.
- The substrate was mechanically prepared using a diamond headed grinder with vacuum extraction.
- Areas of failed screed were repaired using MMA rapid repair Mortar.
- Robex Primer GP was then installed by squeegee and roller.
- Robex Resin GP was installed at 2mm and whilst the resin was still wet a coloured flake fully broadcasted to completely cover the resin.
- Once the resin had cured all loose flake was swept up and collected and the floor was lightly sanded down.
- Two coats of Robex Sealer GP were then installed with glass beads added to create an anti-slip finish.
Removing 600 sqm of Altro flooring wasn’t easy…
- We hired a sit-on scrapper machine to remove the original flooring.
- The floor was in poor condition and several large repairs were needed before we could install the Robex Flake System.
- Various adhesion tests were carried out due to the poor substrate prior to laying the Primer GP.
- We only had a five-day slot to complete, so the preparation had to be carried out as quickly as possible.
The school has been left with a decorative anti-slip resin floor that will last for many years to come.